ZS Combo Sensors Release
Automated Logic – WebCTRL v 5.5
In anticipation of a February release for the new Automated Logic ZS combination sensors,
please see the following:
(select click for enlargement)
There are significant differences when comparing the new ZS combination sensors to our current
line of RS sensors which is why Automated Logic will continue to manufacture and support the RS
sensor line for many years to come.
ZS combination sensors are available to sense temperature, relative humidity, CO2, VOC’s, and offer
greatly enhanced functionality. Designed for ease of use, the ZS sensors feature a completely
redesigned LCD display.
So what are the key differences?
1) ZS sensors cannot be mixed with RS sensors on the same Rnet port
2) Up to 5 ZS sensors on a ZN/SE Rnet port, or up to 15 ZS sensors on an ME Rnet port
3) ZS sensors have a thicker profile than RS sensors, though they are similar in appearance
4) ZS Sensor LCD display has been completely re-designed for enhanced usability
5) ZS sensors utilize new MicroBlocks in the control program
6) ZS sensors utilize a new ZS/RS interactive image in ViewBuilder
7) ZS sensors that sense CO2 draw significant electrical current, so if multiple ZS CO2 sensors
are wired on the same Rnet, plan on an auxiliary power supply
8) ZS sensors use a different screwed terminal connector than RS sensors
And the similarities?
1) ZS color is identical to the RS Sensor line – Pantone Warm Gray 1C
2) ZS sensors are connected using the same 4-conductor cable as RS sensors
3) ZS sensor mounting screws are positioned identically to RS sensors
4) ZS and RS use the same USB-K local connector
5) ZS and RS use the same tamperproof hex screw
If you have additional questions on the forthcoming ZS combination sensors, please contact your local InnerSpace account manager.