Welcome to InnerSpace Control Strategies! A interactive blog by InnerSpace Strategies, Inc. for Facility / Building owners and engineers to view available Control Strategies for their InnerSpace. InnerSpace welcomes feedback or suggestions in order to help you maximize the capacity and efficiency of your building automation system.
The new BACnet building controllers are the latest controllers added to the OptiFlex family, Automated Logic’s next generation of flexible, scalable building controls. With support for a vast amount of I/O points, the OptiFlex BACnet building controllers can control multiple pieces of HVAC equipment simultaneously while supporting complex building control strategies. The HVAC equipment can then be managed from any web-enabled device using the WebCTRL building automation system providing operators with a robust set of online tools to monitor the health of their equipment in real time – at any time.
OptiFlex™ Integrator (part# OFHI) overview and specifications
The OptiFlex™ Integrator (part# OFHI) is a BACnet router that:
- Provides BACnet routing between any supported BACnet communication types
- Runs control programs
- Can have two BACnet/IP networks communicating on the Gig-E port
- Can serve as a BACnet Broadcast Management Device (BBMD) on each of the BACnet/IP networks
- Supports Foreign Device Registration (FDR)
- Supports DHCP IP addressing
- Has built-in network diagnostic capture functionality for troubleshooting
- Has network statistics that can be viewed numerically or as trend graphs
- Works with the WebCTRL® v6.5 or later system with the latest cumulative patch
- Can serve as a gateway that can act as a:
- Master or slave on a Modbus serial network
- Server or client on a Modbus TCP/IP network
Automated Logic is pleased to announce the release of a new EnergyReports™ product. With the new EnergyReports tool, building owners and operators will be able to use their WebCTRL building automation system to securely push data from a single building or a portfolio of buildings to the cloud.
With the new EnergyReports tool, building owners and operators will be able to use their WebCTRL building automation system to securely push data from a single building or a portfolio of buildings to the cloud. From there, they can create graphs, charts, reports and dashboards to visualize the building data, which will enable them to:
- Analyze and normalize energy consumption across buildings
- Compare energy costs across buildings
- Convert energy consumption data to cost or carbon dioxide emissions
- Benchmark building performance data against ENERGY STAR® scores
- Identify performance issues to maximize building efficiency
- Improve occupant comfort, productivity and engagement
- Drive energy conservation measures
The Automated Logic Environmental IndexTM tool, also known as a Comfort Index, is the ideal tool for analyzing ongoing operations as well as assessing your sustainability targets. The index rolls up granular zone data, providing you general operational insight with the ability to drill down to any zone in question.
Be in the know, 24/7
The Environmental IndexTM tool assesses how well systems are controlling, identifying problem areas and delivering the justification for remedial action.
A live, dynamic dashboard provides real-time analysis of conditions to the operator so they know exactly what is going on. With this technology, you won’t have to rely on a remote “expert” in the cloud who’s unfamiliar with your building.
We are pleased to announce the release of the Automated Logic® chilled water system optimizer. This product is a sophisticated, scalable, native BACnet optimization solution for chilled water plants. It minimizes the energy use of the entire chilled water system, up to and including air handling units and other water side chilled water consumers.
|The Automated Logic® chilled water system optimizer is a sophisticated, scalable, native BACnet optimization solution for chilled water plants. The chilled water system optimizer minimizes the energy use of the entire chilled water system, up to and including air handling units and other water side chilled water consumers. By providing optimized control of the chilled water and condenser water setpoints, the chilled water system optimizer can lower energy costs while also maintaining occupant comfort levels in the building. The chilled water system optimizer solution consists of a self-adapting control algorithm packaged in an application specific Automated Logic controller.
- It minimizes energy use over the entire chilled water system without affecting occupant comfort.
- It automatically adapts to changing conditions as the system’s conditions change over time
- It is patent pending control logic that overlays on top of dedicated equipment controls that are already in place
- It is scalable and works with the chilled water side alone, condenser water side alone, or both.
- It is designed to be used on plants of varying size, up to a maximum of eight chillers.
How is your chiller plant bringing optimal savings to your overall energy cost???
Automated Logic® WebCTRL® add-ons extend the capability of the WebCTRL building automation system.
The Trend Export add-on allows you to specify, manage, and export trend data from the WebCTRL building automation system so that it can be analyzed externally using third party analytics packages or tools. Trend data can be exported on-demand or at scheduled intervals. This provides building operators with a simple and powerful way to view their important building data inside their visualization tool of choice.
Key Features and Benefits
• Common .CSV export format for the trend data ensures ease of use outside of the WebCTRL system
• Up to two years of trend data can be exported
• Daily, hourly, and on-demand export options
• Scheduled trend exports only include new historical data received since the last export
• Trend data can be grouped and scheduled for added flexibility